Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm Flying Away

Dear friends, family, and the people who have found this blog:

In a day and a half, I will be traveling to Washington D.C. then halfway around the world to China. In hopes of documenting my travels, I am creating this blog to tell you my story. This story begins in my home state of Utah, and will end up in many different places. By writing in this blog, hopefully I can share the foreign culture of China with others.

When I leave, I'll go to D.C. for a short orienation. Then all 40 of the students participating in the program will travel to Beijing together. After we tour around Bejing, we will head to Zhengzhou and drop off 20 of the students to stay there and study. We'll then go to Shanghai where the other 20 (including me) will stay to study.

We'll be studying in Shanghai for roughly 20 hours a week, participating in community service, and living with a host family. We will be in China for about six weeks. I'm really excited to meet the other people going, and I can't wait to find out more about the Chinese culture!

我很高兴我可以告诉你们我的中国故事.
Thanks for reading!
--包明仁
Mike

2 comments:

ASL said...

I see you've changed 你的中文名字 back to 包明仁.
Interesting.
Very interesting...
P.S.
I'm EXTREMELY jealous of this whole "trip to China" shindig.
Do have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Don't die. Always (or usually) sound advice. 不要穿绿色的帽子.